Monday, April 14, 2014

Home Sweet Home

After reading articles like this, I decided that renting is just ridiculous. Luckily I live in a city where I can actually find some affordable housing within a decent distance from my job.

[Not this affordable, but you know, decently affordable.]

That's right. I'm working on PURCHASING a house. Well, a condo. 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. All to myself. No roommates. (unless I want some extra dough). I put in an offer today and it was accepted. It's a short sale, so it's not even close to a done deal yet. But I'm super excited. I've been dreaming about dining room tables and floor rugs all day.  I'd probably be dreaming about couches, too, but I've got nothing on the couch front.

Safavieh Geometric Blocks Area Rug
What colors? What shapes? What do I like? So many decisions. I finally understand the appeal of Pinterest!
Safavieh Circles Area Rug
Solid Wood Dining Table
How much of an opinion do I really have? How do I decide? It's a mystery!

Safavieh Holly Dining Table

Remember that whole "kitchen gadget" post I made about a year ago? [You don't? I'm shocked!] You can start thinking of kitchen gadgets to get me. I'll be needing them in about 90 days!

1 comment:

Marti said...

You'll have to find a local dealer, but I like rugs and pillows and poufs from Surya: http://www.surya.com/

And check out Crate and Barrel or Restoration Hardware for sales. They have lots of cool stuff for your first place!