Thursday, December 20, 2012

"Melanie Likes Kitchen Gadgets, Too" Party!

In reference to my previous post about boycotting bridal (and baby) showers, I am open to anyone buying me a cool kitchen gadget. Here are some ideas for you:

A 4 Sided Grater. I could really use one of these. I've broken a couple of the ones you put over a bowl while you grate. (too much muscle, I guess)

I probably would never use these, but aren't they super cool? Quintuple Blade Herb Scissors. I just like the idea of having scissors with 4 blades. Maybe because I just like things done in quadruplicate. 

I tried my hand at some baking recently, and these Cooling Racks would have come in pretty handy.

I need a really good vegetable peeler. These are more temperamental than I previously thought. So choose wisely.
I'd really like a good Electric Griddle. 
Really good Paring Knives are essential for kitchen success. I hate that all my paring knives are always dull. 

I need a good Steamer Basket for my vegetables. Currently, my method to steaming vegetables is pretty primitive. 
These are pretty amazing Measuring Cups. Although I have measuring cups, these matryoshka dolls are actually measuring cups. These are just too fabulous for me!
In light of my impending spinsterhood, I figure a good "Easy Jar Opener" is a must have kitchen gadget. This way, when I'm the only one around, I can open that pesky jar of pickles.


I love corn holders. And these Unicorn Corn Holders are just A-Mazing! These are the ultimate kitchen gadget that would make my day!

Well friends, I hope you start shopping for me. I'm really at a loss over here for lacking in kitchen gadget goodness. :)

3 comments:

Elizabeth Downie said...

You're still so young - you have plenty of time to get married! (Seriously)

Melanie Carbine said...

It's called a house warming party. I got measuring cups/spoons, a cheese slicer, kitchen hand towels, a blender and water heater when I got my first non-shared apartment.

Brady said...

Happy Melanie likes kitchen gadgets too day