Friday, April 14, 2017

Driving in a Blizzard



In 2015, the first snow storm of the year, I decided to drive with some friends to Indianapolis. On that trip, we spun out on the freeway and hit the guardrail. I donated my car because it wasn't worth repairing. 
This year, the main snow storm of the year happened in March, when I had my first administrative law hearing (like a trial) in my career and it was about an hour away. Luckily I didn't have to drive because this is what it looked liked:

It was a stressful 3 hour drive (that in good conditions, even with Chicago traffic, is less than an hour) that delayed the hearing a little bit. We were able to survive, the rest of the week's weather was much better, and we won! So it all worked out. But I don't ever want to drive in conditions like that again. 

No comments: