Thursday, October 16, 2014

Home Ownership

If you follow my blog, you may remember a post awhile back when I put an offer on a property and it was accepted. That sale didn't actually happen because of the short sale process, the bank, and frustration involved in short sales.

So I was resigned to just wait until next spring to start looking again, but a few weeks ago, I was looking at properties online and I sent an email to my real estate agent to see what she thought and we decided to look at a property. I wasn't sure about it because it didn't have everything that I wanted, but after looking around, it just felt good. I could see myself in the place and it felt really comfortable. And it wasn't a short sale.

So I put in an offer and with a little negotiation it was accepted and I moved forward. Now, it's still not a done deal. But barring any unforeseen circumstances, I think I'll be closing on the condo in early November.

I have a lot of decorating and furniture purchasing to do. It is a lot of fun, but also a little overwhelming. I don't really know what my decorating style is and how to find everything that I want to fit the style of the unit and my own vision.

Overall, I'm just really excited about the prospect of being a homeowner. Sometimes it takes a few bumps and cancelled contracts, but I think this one is going to work out.

Enjoy some photos of the property. Hopefully the next person that visits me in Chicago will be able to stay in my very own condo!

If you're looking to move to Chicago and want a cool roommate, I'm probably going to rent out at least one of the bedrooms. It could be yours! ;)

3rd story of this building

Shared deck space with 1 other unit

Kitchen. I loved the exposed brick. I also bought the green cabinet.

Living room - gas fireplace

Master bedroom (with walk in closet)

Second bedroom

Sun room/dining room

3rd bedroom
Bathroom

2 comments:

Elizabeth Downie said...

What a cool place! I love it! Congratulations!! :) Now I have a place to stay when I go to Chicago.... right? (hehe)

Amanda said...

Wow, Melanie, it is gorgeous! I love love it! I can see why you were attracted to it. Crossing our fingers that we get to see it in person this summer!