Friday, October 17, 2014

The Greatest Lake

I'm a big Great Lakes fan. Probably because I grew up in Michigan. I recently taught some Chicagoland friends the mnemonic device to remember all of the lakes (H.O.M.E.S - Huron, Ontario, Michigan, Erie, Superior). All of the Michigan specific information in the 4th grade is still paying off!

One of the greatest assets to Chicago is being on Lake Michigan. Granted, I don't think I went swimming in the lake once this year, but I've visited on many occasions, played a lot of beach volleyball, and just enjoyed being at the lake. I love that it is so close. Growing up in Michigan, I was never more than 5 minutes away from a lake, so I definitely enjoy freshwater a bit more than the salty ocean.

Between sessions of my church's General Conference, we took a walk to Lake Michigan. We tossed the frisbee around for a bit and just enjoyed being at the lake. It's definitely great to have it so close.

If only everyone could understand the beauty of a nice October afternoon at Lake Michigan.



No comments: