Sunday, November 30, 2014

A lot to be thankful for

Thanksgiving gives us a chance to reflect upon all of the good things in our lives. I have been immensely blessed. I have a good family, job, home, and friends. I really can't ask for anything more. For Thanksgiving, my parents drove from metro-Detroit to Chicago to hang out with me. 

I roasted my first turkey. I cooked a real Thanksgiving dinner. My mom made pumpkin pie and cranberry jello. Other than that, it was on me. Our dinner was pretty simple by Thanksgiving standards, but it was tasty. I don't know how I could have hosted more than just my parents though. I guess we had enough food for at least 8 people, but it still would have felt so much more daunting to add in more people. Maybe next year I'll invite more people over. But have a little more potluck style.

The weekend was full of shopping, movies, and sightseeing. I bought some needed supplies for my home. I love my giant windows, but waking up with the sun every day has been pretty early, so curtains were on the agenda. I still haven't bought any holiday decorations... so I'll have to look into that. I'll probably end up buying an artificial tree on Dec 26th... 

I hope you all had a wonderful thanksgiving. I definitely recognized my blessings much more this year than in previous years. My life is good. Happy Thanksgiving!

Hanging out at the bean with my parents

The Chicago River

Zoo Lights at Lincoln Park Zoo

No comments: