Sunday, April 20, 2014

Urban Gardening

As many of the things that I do, I decided to start a vegetable garden on a whim. I was in the grocery store and a seed grow kit was on sale for $7.99 where it had 72 cells with dirt pods. So I bought it. And a bunch of seed packs. And went with it.

And now 6ish weeks later, I have some little plants that are growing. Some better than others. If you want zucchini this summer and live in Chicago, I will likely be your girl. I have 9 thriving zucchini plants. And I do mean thriving!
Rocking out with the zucchini

The zucchini jungle
I also decided to grow eggplant. Have I ever cooked an eggplant? No. Have I ever eaten eggplant? Yes. At least twice. Will I know when an eggplant is ripe? I've Googled it. Let's hope Google doesn't lead me astray.

All of this to say that I've become really interested in gardening. Will this be a successful venture for me? Who knows... But it seems like a hobby that isn't too time consuming (right now) and I hope it will be a productive one for me. I mean, this has produced way better results already than my attempt at knitting. So I'm running with it.

Here's to hoping for quality produce this summer!

No comments: