Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Winter philosophy

Winter is looming. I dislike the cold. I know that I'm from Michigan. I often explain that in Michigan, we don't go outside in the cold. We heat up our cars in our garages, go from our house to the car to our office. We are literally outside for a parking lot walk. We do not hang out outside.

In Chicago, I have to walk to the train, wait outside for the train (the bad part of the "elevated" train rather than the subway), walk to work, walk a lot of places, walk outside to see the free stuff that is supposedly fun to do in the winter. 

At least the trains have heat lamps that you can stand by. When I saw this pigeon curled up by the heat lamp, I knew it was my spirit animal. 

A satisfying winter day is when I'm curled up in a ball next to a heater. 

I hope you're all staying warm. And if you live in California, I don't want to hear about it.

My spirit animal - this pigeon knows how to do winter

No comments: