Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Time Flies

It's already September! We are just moving right along this year. I'm a little reluctant to see cooler temperatures in the forecast, but I do love fall. I thought I should recap some things from the past month.

I was looking forward to the Air and Water Show for a bit of time. I invited myself to a "friend's" apartment so I could check out an amazing view! He lives in Lake Shore Towers, which is the only building east of Michigan Ave because it's not technically on "land" (it's on a landfill) so it doesn't violate a pretty old city ordinance.
View from Lake Shore Towers
 Blue Angels not breaking formation.
Blue Angels

I had planned to go to one of the Cubs v. Tigers baseball games since April. Unfortunately, the game I picked had a pretty extensive rain delay. After an hour of rain delay and no signs of stopping, we decided to leave. The game ended up lasting until 1:00am. Since it was a weeknight, I'm glad we called it a night when we did. We were able to see the Tigers take an early lead. Several home runs in the first 2.5 innings. Kinda strange to have that be my only baseball game this summer, but I won't lose sleep over it. (clearly!)
Kristen and I at the Tigers v. Cubs game
Gearing up for the rain
I took a long weekend to visit my family in Southeast Michigan. One of my favorite places is Kensington Metro Park. We were able to enjoy the beach and do some kayaking. 
Kensington

The reason for the visit was that my mom's two brothers that live out of Michigan wanted to get everyone together. I think this was the first time the four siblings were in the same place in 5 years.
Reverse age order
 This was the first time that my brothers and I have been together since Ed's wedding in 2007, I think. I could be wrong. But it's definitely been at least 5 years.
Reverse age order - this is a pretty terrible photo of me...
 I'm not sure why, but it had been 9ish years since I'd seen my best friend from high school. Sometimes life just takes you to different places. I'm glad we've been more in touch lately and we were able to spend an hour catching up.
Looking pretty good 17ish years since we've become friends!

10th grade... We've come a long way! (circa 2002)


No comments: