Thursday, February 5, 2015

The Dangers of City Living

When you walk past skyscrapers every day it becomes easy to ignore their grandeur. In the winter, you see caution sign everywhere to warn of the danger of falling ice.


Today, the danger became a little too real. As I turned a corner a huge piece of ice fell from the building in front of me. As it hit the ground and broke into a million pieces, some ice chunks definitely bounced up and hit me. I can't even imagine the force that the entire ice block would have been...

I contemplate the legal significance and the duty of the building owners and think a sidewalk warning is definitely not enough.


I really think the bears have the answer... Let's hibernate for the winter! Isn't that something we can all get behind?

1 comment:

Marti said...

Or become a snowbird and come here for the winter!! It's so nice right now!