Saturday, June 29, 2013

Old Soul

Based on the activities that I participate in, it seems like I should be 60 years old. I don't know why everything I'm interested in attracts members of the AARP. I guess young people don't scour the arts and culture blogs in DC. 

I recently attending a film series called "Hollywood on the Potomac" where it shows films set in DC. The movie I saw was the 1979 filem "Being There" with Peter Sellers and Shirley MacLaine. The movie is a satire of politics and being a "white man" in America. I thoroughly enjoyed the film and recommend it. Just with the caveat that the premise is absurd. 
Being There
Every time I see live theater or visit an art exhibit I'm with the gray-haired crowd. I don't mind it. I just don't understand why young people aren't interested in seeing more than the bar scene and food trucks. Maybe I was just born in the wrong era. 

If you want to know where I am on any given weekend, just check the early bird special at Denny's and anything your grandparents would enjoy. :)

No comments: