Saturday, July 13, 2013

I've been AWOL

Nothing too exciting has been going on in my life. I work, I play sports, and I go to random things in the city.

On the 4th of July, I decided that I didn't want to venture to the National Mall since it was going to be crazy crowded. So I went to the Air Force Memorial. It was definitely way less crowded and I was home pretty early.

I didn't actually take photos of the fireworks because:

a. fireworks have to be the most difficult things to photograph (especially with a phone camera) and 
b. I was busy enjoying the fireworks.

So here are a couple of "pre-fireworks" photos

Air Force Memorial
 I saw this van vacationing in style. Unfortunately I was not up with popular culture to get in on the jokes and tweets of "Sharknado" using this bad boy. I did however post it on Instagram and got the most "hearts" that I'd ever gotten. So clearly Steven Spielberg, Anthony Ferrante, and this family understand that Americans like sharks.

I took the 5th of July off and went with a bunch of people from church to Harper's Ferry, WV to "tube" down the Potomac River. Apparently sunscreen does need to be reapplied within a 3 hour period if you are on the water. I didn't get too badly sunburned, but my legs were noticeably pink.

I'll have to blog about my ventures into the city another time since this post is getting lengthy. Happy Summer!


No comments: