Monday, October 19, 2015

A Quick Visit

I started following a website that tells you when there are cheap deals. They have a formula for the prices. All I know is that I got a round trip ticket from Chicago to DC for $80. I was sold! 

The only touristy thing I really wanted to do was to go to the top of the Washington Monument because it was closed the entire time I lived in DC. It's more difficult to get tickets than I thought it would be. But I ended up making it in the first tour group anyway!

View of Lincoln Memorial from top of Washington Monument
 I love the WWII memorial. It is so interesting to me. And on a beautiful sunny day, you could really capture it's meaning.
WWII memorial
 A totally unknown gem is Roosevelt Island. I would definitely want a little island in the middle of the city if anyone ever built a memorial to me. Just saying.
Lynn and me. No hats! Weird light!
 The monuments at night are also great. Just a magical city.
Melanie C. and me
 Oh, DC. You know how to give me all the feels.

I was able to catch up with several people. Life is good. History is fun! Happy Fall! :)

No comments: