Sunday, October 12, 2014

Fraud Protection

The other day I tried to make a purchase of over $100 at Target and my credit card sent an alert and wouldn't let me make the purchase. It was in the name of preventing fraud since it said there was "unusual spending" on my card.

Really this sounds like a penalty for being cheap and frugal. I don't often spend over $100 at a time anywhere, but sometimes I need to buy some new cardigan sweaters and a new purse. Is it too much to ask to be able to make a purchase without getting my card declined?

I know Target must have lost a lot of money when a whole bunch of credit card information was stolen last winter, but seriously, declining my card is really annoying when there is no reason for it to be declined. I'm allowed to make a $100 purchase! I am!

No comments: