Tuesday, August 12, 2014

The Summer of Soccer

Did everyone love the World Cup as much as I did? The games were fun to watch, pretty exciting, and everyone was showing a little national pride. I love the World Cup!

After the World Cup, I was able to get a little taste of international soccer a little more up close and personal. The International Champions Cup was a little competition with European soccer teams playing some matches in the US. I was able to be a part of the largest crowd watching soccer in the US on August 2 in Ann Arbor, MI.

Panoramic view of the Big House
Manchester United played (and defeated) Real Madrid at the Big House. The match was exciting, fast paced, and everyone was so into it. Maybe this will help launch soccer as the next big spectator sport in the US. Although I haven't been to a Chicago Fire game, I have enjoyed many FC Dallas and DC United games.

Soccer will probably always be my first love. :)

Trying to decide who to root for.

The whole soccer watching gang


No comments: